The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow along with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: Chelsea chase Martial
With Chelsea facing a fight to keep Eden Hazard and Willian at Stamford Bridge, the Times reports that the Blues have lined up Anthony Martial as a potential replacement.
The Manchester United winger outlined his intention to quit Old Trafford at the start of the summer after failing to nail down a regular starting spot under Jose Mourinho.
Juventus were thought to be front-runners for the Frenchman, but the Old Lady’s record-breaking acquisition of Cristiano Ronaldo has left Martial somewhat in limbo.
The 22-year-old might be interested to hear Chelsea’s offer, but United’s Premier League rivals are apparently unwilling to stump up his €100 million price tag.
The same applies to Bayern Munich, who have also expressed an interest.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail says the Blues will decide this week whether to sell Willian to Barcelona for £65m.
The Brazilian started only 20 matches in the Premier League last season despite impressing when he was given the opportunity.
08.20 BST: Stories linking Watford’s Brazilian forward Richarlison with Everton have caused quite a stir, with a monster £50m fee widely reported. Everton manager Marco Silva — who signed Richarlison while he was boss at Vicarage Road last season — is remaining diplomatic on the subject.
“Of course I respect your question but I am here to talk about our players and the players signed with our club,” he told the Liverpool Echo when asked about a bid. “At this moment Richarlison is not our player and we have to respect that. He was my player last season but all I talk about is the players signed with Everton.”
08.00 BST: There has been plenty of talk that John Terry will reunite with Frank Lampard to play under his former Chelsea teammate at Derby County. However, the veteran defender — a free agent since his one-year contract at Aston Villa ended — said in an Instagram post that he is “weighing up” his options.
PAPER TALK: Liverpool want Vida
Liverpool still aren’t finished in the transfer market despite spending nearly £250m over the past 12 months.
According to the Daily Star, Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida is the next target on the Reds’ shortlist after impressing in Croatia’s run to the World Cup final.
West Ham and Everton have also been linked to Vida, with the Hammers believed to have been given short shrift over a £20m bid earlier in the window.
An offer of around £27m could be enough to seal a deal for Liverpool, though, with Vida in line to join international teammate Dejan Lovren at Anfield.
Kovacic to quit Real Madrid
Manchester City and Manchester United are set to go head-to-head in the race to sign Mateo Kovacic, with the midfielder eager to leave Real Madrid in search of first-team football.
The Sun reports that the Croatia international has grown tired of playing backup to the likes of Luka Modric, Casemiro and Toni Kroos at the Bernabeu after starting just 10 matches in La Liga last season.
City were linked with a move for Kovacic after Jorginho rejected them to join Chelsea, but Sky Sports says the champions were put off by Madrid’s reported £80m asking price.
However, the Sun now claims the 24-year-old has a £44m release clause, which would make him a much more affordable target for the Premier League top two.
– Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed that Matteo Darmian is a target for the Serie A side this summer, according to the Sun. The Italy international has fallen down the pecking order at Manchester United and will be allowed to leave for the right price.
– Crystal Palace are closing in on former Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle, says TalkSport. The 27-year-old has been told he can leave Borussia Dortmund after failing to impress over the past two seasons.
– Jack Grealish will tell Aston Villa’s new owners that he wants to join Tottenham this summer, claims the Telegraph. Spurs had hoped to sign the 22-year-old for a cut-price fee, but could now be forced to pay up to £30m.
– kicker write in their Monday edition that Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are both showing interest in Bayern Munich’s Jerome Boateng, with the German champions willing to sell the defender for around €60m. No firm bids, however, have been made.
– FC Midtjylland’s Awer Mabil has taken to Instagram to rule out a move back to the A-League. The Australian under-23 star spent last season on loan at Pacos de Ferreira and is believed to be keen on a permanent move somewhere in search of first-team football.