Clubs, English Premier League, Liverpool, Story


Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk says he will take the assist for the side’s last minute winner over Everton but understands how Jordan Pickford after his costly error.
Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk says he will take the assist for the side’s last minute winner over Everton but understands how Jordan Pickford after his costly error.
Everton manager Marco Silva admitted he didn’t see Jurgen Klopp run onto the pitch to celebrate Liverpool’s late winner in the Merseyside Derby, nor did he receive an apology from Klopp.
Steve Nicol raises concerns about Liverpool’s star-powered front three after substitute Divock Origi came on to score the winner against Everton.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association for his excessive celebrations during Sunday’s Merseyside derby.

Klopp reacted to Divock Origi’s stoppage-time winner against Everton at Anfield by running to the centre circle and celebrating with Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson.

In a statement on Monday, the FA said: “Jurgen Klopp has been charged with misconduct relating to his behaviour in the 96th minute of the game between Liverpool and Everton yesterday.

“He has until 6 p.m. on Dec. 6, 2018, to respond to the charge.”

Klopp said he apologised to his counterpart Marco Silva at the final whistle, although the Everton boss claimed at a news conference that no apology was received.

However, in separate comments to Sky Sports, Silva said he may have reacted in the same manner had Everton scored in that situation.

Merseyside Police have said they are investigating reports of missiles being thrown onto the field of play by Everton supporters on Sunday.

“We can confirm that Merseyside Police will be investigating reports of items being thrown on the pitch,” a spokesperson for the force said.

“At the end of the game, a flare and other items were reported to have been thrown onto the pitch from the Everton support, although nobody was injured.”

Meanwhile, Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has been given until February to respond his charges from the FA of allegedly breaching rules on betting.

Earlier this month, Sturridge asked the FA for an extension to submit his observations in response to the allegations of misconduct.

“Daniel Sturridge applied for an extension to respond to his FA charge which has been granted by the independent chairman of the Regulatory Commission,” a statement from the FA said. “The new deadline is now 6 p.m. on Feb. 11, 2019.”



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

LIVE Transfer Talk Chelsea’s Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona
Bayern Munich vs. Nurnberg – Football Match Report – December 8, 2018
Schalke 04 vs. Borussia Dortmund – Football Match Report – December 8, 2018
AC Milan vs. Torino – Football Match Report – December 9, 2018
LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona desperate for Spurs’ Harry Kane in £200m deal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *